While many people believe that air conditioners produce cold air, the truth is that they remove hot air from your home. The condenser and evaporator coils are two essential components of an air conditioner. These elements work together to keep your home cool throughout summer. If your AC unit fails to deliver cool air, your system needs AC replacement in Arlington, VA, sooner than expected.
What Exactly Is A Condenser Coil?
- When the refrigerant reaches the exterior condenser unit, it is in a hot-gas state. Many fins are linked to the condenser coils. The condenser fan blows across the coil’s fins as the refrigerant runs through them, helping disperse heat to the outside.
- Once most of the heat has been dissipated, the refrigerant can return to a liquid condition. It flows via an expansion valve, which converts the cooled refrigerant to vapor.
- This cold vapor then returns to the evaporator coil to absorb more heat. This loop will continue as long as the air conditioner is turned on.
- As you can see, cooling your home is more about eliminating hot air than creating cool air. Keeping all components in good operating order is vital to having an incredible home and preventing AC replacement in Arlington, VA, as long as the system supports it.
The big question: Repair or replacement?
When Should You Repair The Condenser Coil?
The Condenser has Become Dusty: Over time, the condenser and other outside parts of your unit become covered with dust and dirt. Ensure the condenser is free of grass and other plant stuff. Remove anything that is in the way of the moving parts.
The Condenser Coils Malfunction: First and foremost, perform some basic cleaning. If it still doesn’t function, the coil should be replaced. If your warranty does not cover your condenser coil, it is best to replace the entire unit.
The Control Board of the Condenser is Broken: A faulty control board must be replaced. However, ensure your new board works well with the rest of your condenser’s existing components.
The Condenser Fan Relay Switch Fails: This issue, like the poor run capacitor, requires a simple fix and poses less of a problem during the functioning of your machine. However, if you suspect the condenser fan relay switch is no longer functioning correctly, it’s time to replace it.
The Run Capacitor is in Poor Condition: Fortunately, this is a simple repair. If the run capacitor in your condenser has failed, you can replace it with a new part.
When Should You Replace the Condenser Coil?
- Your Condenser is Outdated: If your condenser is more than ten years old, air conditioning replacement in Arlington, VA, will be a better option. Even if an issue can be repaired, replacing it with a unique unit can save you money in the long run.
- Leaks: They should not be ignored because they can indicate a difficult situation. If you suspect that your condenser has leaks, you must replace the complete unit.
- Blockage: A clogged condenser could be a severe issue. When your air conditioner becomes clogged, it’s time to contact a local company for a replacement.
It is good to hire a competent company if you require air conditioning replacement in Arlington, VA. Call AVS Heating and Air Conditioning Service Company today at 703-782-4353 or drop us an email to schedule a maintenance appointment and learn more about your condenser and evaporator coils.