Is your water heater leaking or making an unusual sound? Well, this could be a sign that your water heater needs repair. The sooner you schedule a water heater repair, the lower the costs will be.
To schedule a meeting, get in touch with us at AVS Heating and Air Conditioning. Call us at (703) 457-9028 (VA Customers) or (301) 686-7129 (MD Customers).
7 Tell Tale Signs of A Water Heater Repair
- There’s a Frequent Fluctuation in Water Temperature: If you are experiencing a fluctuation in the hot water temperature even when you didn’t make any changes to the temperature settings, this could be a sign that there’s a problem with your water heater. Usually, the problem occurs because of a mineral buildup around the heating components of your water heater. Call us at AVS Heating and Air Conditioning if you are facing any such problem, and we will be happy to help.
- There’s a Reduction in Hot Water Pressure: Not only does the mineral deposit lead to fluctuation in water temperature, but it can also lead to reduced water pressure. That’s because the accumulation of minerals inside the pipes leads to low water flow, which, in turn, leads to reduced water pressure. Another reason for low water pressure is that the water heater valve is partially closed. Lastly, the issue might occur because of clogged faucets.
- Your Water Heater Is Leaking: Well, you might be thinking that this one’s pretty obvious, but the fact is that this is one of the most overlooked signs of a water heater repair. Usually, people tend to ignore the problem when there’s a small amount of water trickling down their water heater, and as a result, the problem tends to grow out of hand pretty soon. This might even lead to damage to your home, so it is important to ensure that the problem is fixed in the initial stage itself.
- The Hot Water Smells Unpleasant: Sometimes the hot water coming from the taps might be cloudy and smelly. This is another common sign that your water heater needs repair. Usually, the reason behind the change in water texture and smell is the mineral deposits in the water heater. The strange odor could also indicate that there’s a bacterial infection inside the tank. Ideally, you should get the water inspected by our water heater repair service provider at the earliest as the water might not be fit for use.
- Your Water Heater Is Making A Strange Sound: It’s nothing unusual for a water heater to make a little noise. But if your water heater is making any unusually loud sound, then this could be concerning. In most cases, a water heater makes a strange sound because of the mineral deposit on its heating components. The calcium and dirt particles that get settled at the bottom of the water heater tank tend to jostle around, which in turn leads to that strange sound. We suggest that you schedule a regular water heater service to avoid such issues. Also, ignoring the unusual sounds coming from your water heater might lead to a major storage tank leakage.
- You Are Getting Rusty Water: If you have rusty water coming from both hot as well as cold water taps, then probably there’s an issue with your water pipes. If the rusty water is coming only through the hot water tap, then you need to call our water heater repair expert and have your water heater inspected. Usually, the problem occurs when the metal pole (made of aluminum and magnesium) in the water heater gets damaged, leading to a rusty water discharge.
- The Water Is Lukewarm: There are many reasons why a water heater might discharge lukewarm water. One of the most common reasons is a change in water heater settings. Similarly, an increase in hot water usage or a significant drop in outside temperature is among the other most common reasons a water heater would discharge lukewarm water. In addition, a faulty element in an electric water heater or a faulty burner in a gas water heater could also be a reason for lukewarm water discharge.
Why Choose AVS Heating and Air Conditioning
AVS Heating and Air Conditioning is one of the most preferred water heater service companies trusted by thousands of homeowners in Arlington, Alexandria, and Fairfax in VA to Montgomery and Prince George’s County in Maryland. Here’s what makes us their preferred water heater service partner.
- Available 24 by 7: This is one of the most important reasons our customers prefer us over most water heater service companies. We don’t just claim to be available around the clock, but we also make sure that our turnaround time is one of the shortest in the industry. We are also available on weekends and holidays too.
- Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed: Our team of water heater service professionals are committed to delivering the highest level of service to our clients. In fact, our aim is not just to ensure customer satisfaction, but we believe in delighting our customers. Don’t just take our word for it; read our client testimonials and our online reviews to find it out yourself.
- Team of Highly Experienced Professionals: We have a team of highly experienced, licensed, and insured water heater experts with a combined experience of around six decades in the HVAC industry. No matter how complex the issue, we will make sure that your job is done right the first time. Also, our team of experts are equipped with one the latest tools and equipment required for the job.
Schedule an Appointment, Today!
If you are looking for a reputable water heater service company in the Washington D.C. Metro area, feel free to contact us at AVS Heating and Air Conditioning. To schedule an appointment, call us at (703) 457-9028 (VA Customers) or (301) 686-7129 (MD Customers).