The AVS Appliance repair technicians are trained to work on all dryers of all makes and models. We have been providing service for decades in Fairfax, Arlington, Alexandria Bethesda, Chevy Chase, Silverspring, Rockville, Fort Washington and nearby areas. The most common electric and gas dryer makes models are General Electric, Sears, Montgomery Wards, Samsung, LG, Electronics, Frigidaire, Roper, Bosch, Electrolux, Maytag, Hotpoint, KitchenAid, Magic Chef, RCA, Amana, Speed Queen, Miele, and Haier.
Top 7 Dryer Common Problems & Solutions
- Dryer makes noises or vibrate: Mostly in this case it’s due to a failed dryer drum seal due to the frequent overloading Which can be simply fixed by replacing the seal
- Dryer Drum rotates but never heats up: Most common issues, in this case are due to a bad thermal fuse, heater element, burned wire, bad timer or thermostat. Other and more common reasons are due to age, lack of maintenance, blocked ventilation, clogged lint screens or a consistently overloaded machine. All the parts can be easily replaced by AVS Appliance, Heating, and Air Conditioning Co service technicians including the broken thermal fuse if it will need to be replaced.
- Dryer does not run: Commonly found in this case is when the fuse is blown in the fuse box or the circuit breaker tripped off. It can also be due to a faulty thermal fuse, terminal block burned, bad dryer motor or broken belt. Check at the same time a clogged lint screen, overloaded machine or blocked ventilation.
- Dryer runs but clothes are not drying: Vent pipe clogged, Broken heating element, bad thermostat, bad heater, bad timer, clothes coming out from washing machine are too wet can be taken care of by replacing or fixing Blocked ventilation, clogged lint screen, checking electric circuit or consistently overloaded machine.
- Dryer comes on but then shuts off quickly: Drying sensor, no moisture in clothes, possible broken thermostat, restricting airflow can be easily fixed by unclogging blocked vent pipe or blower wheel, clogged lint screen or consistently overloaded machine can be repaired while tech is at customer house mostly.
- Dryer noisy but drum won’t rotate: The possible cause is due to a broken belt, Pulley, idler arm or roller jam. All these issues are not hard to take care of mostly on the same day by replacing these parts.
- Dryer Smells Burning: This is commonly found when drum rollers, bearings, or the pulley are stuck and motor rubbing against the belt. These are the common problems with dryers.
AVS Appliance Repair Service Technicians are experienced, friendly, polite, and mostly able to fix the dryer repair same day.
AVS Appliance Repair co has a warehouse full of Appliance and HVAC parts conveniently located near Tysons Corner, VA.
Areas and Cities we fix Dryers – Northern Virginia, Maryland, all of Washington DC Metro Area
VA: Alexandria, Arlington, Annadale, Aldie, Ashburn, Burke, Centreville, Chantilly, Clifton, Dulles, Dunn Loring, Fairfax, Fairfax City, Fairfax Station, Falls Church, Gainesville, Great Falls, Herndon, Lake Ridge, Leesburg, Lorton, Manassas, Manassas Park, McLean, Merrifield, Mount Vernon, Newington, Occoquan, Oakton, Reston, Springfield, Sterling, Vienna, Woodbridge.
MD: Accokeek, Bowie, Bethesda, Beltsville, Capitol Heights, Chevy Chase, Clinton, College Park, District Heights, Fort Washington, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glen Echo, Greenbelt, Hyattsville, Kensington, Lanham, Montgomery, Occoquan, Oxon Hill, Potomac, Riverdale, Rockville, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Temple Hills, Upper Marlboro.